Monday, January 10, 2011

"What's Love Got To Do With It?"

I'm staring at the computer and the computer is staring at me. Kind of like in the Old Spice commercial when he says, "Look at your man, now back to me, now back at your man, now back to me." I know pure randomness. But any hoot. Good morning let's rise and shine. Let's make this day the most awesome day it can possibly be. How can we take part in that. By being fully present and choosing not to be just a passerby. A passerby does just that....pass you by, not interacting, and not taking action. We want to take action every second of our lives. So those seconds add up to minutes and hours.  Free to be me. Free to be me... Free to be me....When we look in the mirror today, that should be our mantra. Nobody can be the best me other than me.


Tina Turner's song, "What's Love Got To Do With It?" remember that? Oh Tina, it has everything to do with it. But, in our case it's about love for ourselves and love of who we are. Truly being okay to share the gift of ourselves with others. How can you share that gift? By being who you were called to be and operating in your God given gifts and talents.What many fail to realize is that until you act on your talent or gift. Many others who have already been designed to aid you on your own path towards your dream. They don't have a job to do until you act on your dreams. You see we are all connected.


For me personally..I will give you an example. Last week I wanted my hair cut to make certain that it matched my headshot pictures. So, I went into 3 hair salons. One person frowned as she was eating chips saying, "I don't have time today." One person was completely puzzled and asked, "So you want your hair cut and then what? You getting a Perm?" My response,"No mam I just want my hair cut"...But, I finally drove down Crenshaw which is where my heart was telling me to go the entire time.


I went inside of a barbershop. A female barber volunteered to cut my hair. Her name is Ms. Rita. Ms. Rita put her heart and soul into cutting my hair. She was so sweet and nurturing. It was as if I was in my mom's hair salon and she was just cutting my hair on an average day. She sprayed something on my hair continually. I inquired about it because it smelled so good. She said, "I'll tell you about it once I finish your hair." At the end she said, "Ok, come let's go to the back so I can show you."  She held two products in her hand and informed me that she makes them herself. I was surprised and even looked at the barber next to us. I asked, "Ms. Rita you make these products yourself?" It was true, everyone agreed by nodding their heads. The ingredients were so pure...Aloe vera, rosemary, hamamelis, wheat germ oil, olive oil, etc..


Long story short..Why did I end up in her salon that day? I can't tell you the answer. Why did she put her heart and soul into cutting my hair and was the sweetest person I had met in LA? Why did she give me the products even before she realized I tipped her the most money I had in my possession? When you are truly operating in your talents people will show up in your life right in the nick of time to aid in moving you along your path...



MS. RITA
323-298-9201
SIMIEN AND SIMIEN CO.

Simien Amazing Condition Hair Prep
Simien Amazing Hair Creme


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment