Wednesday, January 5, 2011

"The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron

"Our creative dreams and yearnings come from a divine source. As we move toward our dreams, we move toward our divinity."

Hello Everyone!


It's pretty early in the morning here on the West Coast. I've been waking up daily around 6 am thanks to God's nudging. The quiet of the morning provides great time for reading the Word and journaling. Journaling is wonderful in so many ways. In the book, "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron she discusses what's referred to as the "morning pages." Morning pages are three pages of writing anything that comes to your head. This must be done daily. There isn't a right or wrong way to do them and that's what I like about them. "Pages" are meant to be simply, the act of moving the hand across the page and writing down whatever comes to mind."


I began doing the morning pages summer of 2010 while working on my lifestyle show pilot. I only did them briefly that summer. But, they had the most profound effect on me November 2010. I was in a transition period. My creativity was speaking loud within me and yet, I continued to ignore it. If one continues to ignore their inner callings or passions. The result of suppressing them will come out in other ways. Hence, alcoholism, excessive eating, anger management issues, etc... What does this mean in simple terms? I will let you ponder. I'll pick up where I left off tomorrow. Now, I'm off to living a passion filled life!


"What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters, compared to what lies within us."
Ralph Waldo Emerson


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment