Sunday, January 23, 2011

What Is a Gift?

Gift....What is a gift? A gift is defined as something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation. It is also defined as a special aptitude, ability, or power; talent. I'm in favor of the first definition. I have to repeat it...Something that is bestowed voluntarily and without compensation. Wow! Hold the phone. God in all of his wonderment has given us all a gift for FREE! We were all born with a sweet little treasure within us. How can we go through life and not open our treasure? How can we go through life and not reveal it to others? How can we go through life and not share our gift? Although, I'm not a fan of this word..But, I'll go ahead and say it. It's selfish. There, I said it...It is absolutely selfish of us to have a God given gift and keep it to ourselves for our own amusements and wonderment. To only reveal in the midst of our safe surroundings, like our house or to the captive audience of our dogs. Gift...Gift...Gift...Let's make this year all about giving. Giving of ourselves. Giving of what God has uniquely placed inside of each and every one of us. We can no longer keep it to ourselves. There is a saying, "Use it or lose it." You know what...I'm not buying that saying one bit. I'll tell you why. One name.....Ted Williams. End of story, look him up. What do I want to achieve for today's post? I want us to use our gifts. 

"The saddest thing in life is wasted talent." A Bronx Tale

© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment