Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"Joy and Pain"

Joy and pain...."Joy and pain are like sunshine and rain." Just the thought of that song makes me smile. I heart you Maze and Frankie Beverly. Joy is defined as intense and especially ecstatic or exultant happiness. Wait..I have to read that again. Exultant happiness...Yes, that is intense. Joy what do you mean to me? Laughter, doing what I love to do, and being surrounded by people who uplift one another. When I hear this song it immediately takes me back to Houston. Every 4th of July since the beginning of time, "Joy and Pain" was the theme song for family gatherings. You knew every year what house you would be in, what family members would be there, and what was playing on the stereo. My mom would break out in modern dance moves like clockwork. Another relative would be consuming lots and lots of....beverages.  My uncle with his camcorder. Me and my cousins were forever having dance offs. We were actually paid for our dancing abilities. Music playing, people dancing, and joy in the air. It was like our own little world. You have to know where you come from, in order to know where you're going. Enjoy your day.




© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment