Wednesday, January 26, 2011

"The Ring Didn't Mean a Thing"

“The Ring Didn't Mean a Thing”….ha ha. The ring means absolutely everything. I'm referring to the ring of your wake up call. Do you remember the end of “School Daze” when Dap yelled, “Wake up!” That is exactly what I experienced. Except the ring was my cell phone and the "wake up'' hadn't happened yet. I was in my own little world, as always. When life dropped by and quietly asked me, “Do you want to be a participant or a passerby?” I never refuse an awesome opportunity or back down from a challenge. So I responded, “Okay life, it's just me and you let's go.”  


I went from serving snacks on a plane to being on stage, hitting marks, 5 teleprompters, performing monologues, and panel discussions. It was one of the most amazing experiences of my life. To be honest, I'm not sure if I've actually processed it to this day. One phone call resulted in my, “Wake up!” How did I go from lying in bed, receiving a phone call, to performing monologues and panel discussions? Every week, I was surrounded by people who were filled with passion and was exuberant about what they were doing. Every week….It's impossible to go back to being a passerby after such an extraordinary experience. Leave room in your life for serendipity. She knows when you're being open. Your inner self is always ready. Be on the lookout. Serendipity may just come knocking at your door.

In the field of observation, chance favors only the prepared mind. - Louis Pasteur

© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment