Monday, January 17, 2011

Oh Wait...Where Is My Love?

Good morning. Happy Birthday Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.! "What a man, What a man, What a man, What a mighty good man." I'm smiling. Why did Salt-N-Pepa's song just come to my head? Let's see...men. How did I know one of my blog post would be about men? I celebrate you men. Without you...well would there be an us? That's something to think about. Men represent strength, security, offspring, and physicalities of life. When men come into my life. The birds sing, my heart skips a beat, and my smile gets larger.


Life with love is a bit cheerier. It adds a tad bit more pep in the step. Love, are you in my DNA? Of course you are! I enjoy you. No matter what happens, I always welcome you. Shouldn't we always have our arms open and ready for love. Does it know to come our way if they're closed? Sometimes, we focus so much on accomplishments and our 5 and 10 year plans, that we tend to place love on the back burner. Love should be right up there with everything else. 


Sometimes, you get to a place in life and you're thinking, "Wow this is great." I'm accomplishing my dreams, I'm focused, and ready for the opportunities that are coming my way. But, oh wait....where is my love? The love that you share with the man of your dreams. Dreams should include love versus exclude it. It's great to have the career, car, house, etc....But, please don't forget about love! It makes your heart sing in a way that even the largest paycheck just can't quite achieve. Love...I like you love...In fact, I nub you love. In the great words of Eddie Murphy via SNL, "Wookin pa nub in all da wong paces..wookin pa nub." Oh my gosh, I'm getting silly...Have a wonderful MLK day!


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment