Friday, January 28, 2011

Does He Have to Be 6'3" Without Kids?

Height 6'3”…What is the origin of this height requirement? Why, when women describe the perfect gentleman he's usually 6 feet, 3 inches? Am I included in this group? Well….But, I also know how life works. What’s the saying, “Want to make God laugh? Tell him your plans.” What is the perfect guy? Really? Okay, you want to go there right now? Is there such a thing as perfect? Don't we all know the typical response? He must be attractive, caring, loyal, employed, nice credit score, never married, no children, 6’3”, etc…Speaking of children. Someone on Twitter posted the requirements they were looking for in a man. I thought, “What if Twitter became a dating site? How interesting would that be?" It may even already be a dating site. I’ve told you in previous posts, I'm always in my own world. I often refer to myself as being out of the loop.


She listed on Twitter, she wanted a man without kids. Without kids? What does it mean if the man has kids? Does one say, “Love not today you have offspring.” How do I feel about this?  I never thought about a man with kids. I was too focused on the main thing, which is his relationship with God. That is what’s most important to me. Okay, since I'm putting myself out there. Here is my list, although I'm not sure I have a list. Because, I know how I am. Random suits me at times. I go from thinking Jude Law is cute in "The Holiday", to knowing Idris is the best thing since slice bread, and to thanking God that he created such men as Blair Underwood. Yes, God is good. LOL! Back to men. Oh wait, my list yes. So my list is basically someone who is me in the male form. God is first in their lives, well traveled, and intellectually stimulating. As far as his looks go, I'll know when I see him. Because some men possess a certain je ne sais quio and he could be 5'7”. So at the end of the day, height is really not that important.


My past boyfriends have all been 6'3”. It started in high school and that pretty much set the tone. But, the game changes in an instant. Once a Cuban guy sat next to me, played his guitar and knew everything about the Malcolm Gladwell book I was reading. That was all she wrote for that day. I'm pretty sure he was well below 6’3”. “No children.” Does it matter? I guess everyone has their preferences. Since children never crossed my mind. Someone came into my life with children from a previous marriage. I didn't mind. The more the merrier, as long as you have enough finances intact to provide optimal care for the children. Plus, I know he’ll be less likely to pressure me about having children in case I decide not to. Also, I don’t think it’s a big deal if the person is divorced. Life is a tricky thing sometimes. I prefer to be with someone who has experienced hardships before they come into my life. I know if I am going through something, they won’t be alarmed because they have been through their own tests and trials. I welcome an experienced man. Your past experiences are an indicator of how you will react in future circumstances. The point of this post is I love men, don't discriminate, and 6’3” don’t care.


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment