Wednesday, January 12, 2011

"Black Girl in Paris"

"Langston was here. There is a black girl in Paris lying in a bed on the fifth floor of a hotel in the Latin Quarter."

I'm sitting up in my bed in the Sofitel Hotel. Yes! I finally made it to Paris. Our flight arrived a little after 11am Tuesday. By the time we were handed our keys and me situating in my room it was almost 2 o'clock. But, that didn't stop me from seeing the Eiffel Tower. I went straight out without taking a map. Needless to say I'm extremely exhausted. I'll finish writing about my solo day in Paris tomorrow. :-)

This was an excerpt from my journal written during my first trip to Paris, France. There is a book, "Black Girl in Paris" by Shay Youngblood, that I have read multiple times over the past years. I love this book for so many reasons. I will discuss the book and why I love it so much in my next blog entry. Enjoy your day!

© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment