Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Dichotomy Between My Inner and Outer Self

Let's see where shall I began today. Oh yes, I left off discussing November 2010 and the profound effect the morning pages had a on me. Well I was at work. Meaning I was working in the industry of my choice. I was absolutely loving what I was doing. But, one day things began to change. I have no idea why. Well, I do know why, but that's a story for another day. After I left work one day. I was crying and sat in my car. I screamed, "I never want to work here again!" I drove home talking aloud my frustrations of what occurred at work.

You see my proclamation to the "universe" was a bit dramatic. Mainly because all of my jobs were for just one day at a time. So technically I would never work there again anyway. But, any hoot. I was really saying to the "universe" I want to be every bit of the person I am on the inside. There was a huge dichotomy between the person on the outside and the person on the inside.


The person on the outside lived a life of waiting for others to employ or choose her. The person on the inside was an entrepreneur, a traveler, dreamed of purchasing a home in Tuscany, prepares food from scratch of recipes from all over the world. The person inside is an award winning Actress, wears her hair natural, short, and curly, possesses the swagger that is undeniable even to the most well known model. The person on the inside is a filmmaker, clothing designer, artist that paints, sings, and dances to the beat of her own drum every second of the day. But, the person on the outside ate a whole lot of craft services, wore her hair straight, and slept when she wasn't working. You see the dichotomy here?!....I'll chat with you later. I'm off to living a passion filled life! Ciao!

"With courage you will dare to take risks, have the strength to be compassionate and the wisdom to be humble. Courage is the foundation of integrity." Keshavan Nair


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment