Friday, February 18, 2011

What Kept Me Away?

When I come to you, I don't have anything to say. So, I've chosen to stay away. Not sure if that's a bad thing. I have kept myself quite entertained since our departure. What kept me away? I just got off the phone with my sister explaining why. I guess it began with my juice fast and then the remnants of Mr. Bond. Every time I closed my eyes, I saw him. So strange...I have no idea where that came from. But, I'm glad it's gone. So, now I'm back and ready to dedicate myself to you. Can we find our rhythm again? You and me on one accord. Hopefully..I found out some great news last night. But, even that won't keep me away from you. You're like the sweet to my potato. I love sweet potatoes. Sliced with a little olive oil and curry seasoning. Yes, I love sweet potatoes.


Why do I love the 80's so much? I know why. It reminds me of Houston and my mom. I listen to old school music and it immediately takes me back home. I'm excited about what is ahead of me. I'm truly blessed to live a passion filled life. To live life any other way would take my breath away. Not in a good way. I remember once I was sitting in my jumpseat at the back of the plane. It was an MD-80 and the engines are extremely loud in the back. I was sitting there...Staring down the aisle. Watching the passengers before landing. Making sure no one stood up or anything. I said aloud, “I don't want to be here.” Just like that.."I don't want to be here." Well, 2 months later I wasn't there. Life is about choices. Today is a representative of choices made yesterday. What moves you? I am moved by happiness. Money doesn't move me. Material things do not move me. Happiness moves me. Some can function in unhappiness. I can't breathe in unhappiness. It literally takes my breath away.



© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment