Sunday, February 27, 2011

Is This, As Good as It Gets?

Sometimes, we wonder if this is it. Is this, as good as it gets? For some that is awesome. For others that can be downright depressing. For me, I know if this was it, I am completely content. I have lived my life according to my own terms, doing what has made me happy. Once the happiness ends, I know it is time to move on. How is it that some continue to live life in the “one day?” One day I will do this, one day I will do that.


I stated in a previous post, “I want to be a huge humanitarian and philanthropist one day.” This statement made me think later. Although I said, “one day.” I am content today because I have already been as such, utilizing the resources available to me. I am a huge giver with what I have today. If people have a list of things they want to do, one day. I genuinely want them to do it now. I live every day, as if this is the last day because tomorrow truly isn't guaranteed. I commend those that knock out their list. I know one thing. If I had a list, I would be aggressive as all get out knocking things off. I live every day as if it's the last. If I have a heart wrenching decision to make, I ask myself, “What would you do if this was it, your last day on earth?” The answer always makes the decision easier.


Life is always walking up to us and saying, ‘Come on in. the living’s fine,’ and what do we do? Back off and take its picture.   Russell Baker

© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment