Sunday, February 20, 2011

My Inner Writer Is A Rebel

Hi blogosphere. What's going on in my world this evening? Well, I had an awesome conversation with one of my friends. I concluded I'm boy crazy. Can someone be boy crazy after the age of 18? Yes, I'm fully aware that it should be man crazy considering I'm a woman. But, boy crazy sounds so…"Grease" like. I'm boy crazy, but I don't go out on dates. I love it. I think they're just an interesting topic and provide lots of laughter. That's as far as "boy crazy" goes for me. It also may have to do with me watching old reruns of S&TC. I can watch that show over and over 50 million times. It's always new to me. It's just one of those shows. I've seen the episode before and I can still be intrigued by it. I mainly watch it to get my New York fix. It's no secret that I absolutely adore New York. When I watch the show, it allows me to drift to New York for a moment.


Someone told me they seen me on TV and thought I was cute and articulate. For some reason those words made me think of my blog. I’m pretty sure I'm breaking all types of writing rules with my blog. I have multitudes of fragments, run-ons, slang, etc. that pop up in my post. I believe imperfection is so much more interesting than perfection. Who determines these rules anyway? I know if I put too much thought into my blog writing I would never allow others to read it. I would edit and edit and edit until there's nothing left. So, I choose to type what comes to mind and just put it out there.


I'm a huge fan of improvisation. It is defined as to compose, utter, execute, or arrange anything extemporaneously. It's such freedom in doing something without preparation. Blogging allows me to do that. I sit at the computer, have no idea what I'm going to write, and then it just comes out. I love it. It's quick and easy. So, if any of my readers cringe at grammatical errors. Well, this blog was initially designed to encourage others to get out of their comfort zones. Maybe this will help you get out of your grammatical comfort zone. I find that I type words that I don't use in everyday conversation. Such as chillin, ain't, hella, etc. Maybe my inner writer is I don't know...a rebel. Free to be her in any way shape or form. I'm ok with it...it's fun. The status quo is quite a bore at times. I guess this concludes my ramble for tonight. I'll holla!



“Cherish forever what makes you unique, 'cuz you're really a yawn if it goes.” Bette Midler


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment