Wednesday, September 7, 2011

No More Scrubs? But He Was Chocolaty!

For the last week, all I've been hearing in my head was "No More Scrubs" by TLC. Everyday I tell you. I believe it spanned from watching TLC's “VH1 Behind The Music.” But, then it made me wonder is God trying to tell me something? Any who, I was like, maybe this is telling me I should change my facial scrubs. Did I do too much exfoliation? I've been doing Brown Sugar, Honey, and Lemon. And of course using my lovely, African Black Soap daily. Scrubs, scrubs, scrubs.


Then I remembered last week at church, I met someone. Completely out of the blue. I was already sitting there and a lady was sitting a few seats down from me. Church had been in session maybe an hour or so. Here comes this tall chocolate man that sits right next to me. Well, my purse was in the chair next to me and he sat next to that chair. He was a guest of the lady on my row. This wasn't just church, this was a prayer service. So, all we do is intercede for others. Well, right in the middle of prayer, he turns to me and tells me how attractive I am and he doesn't believe it is by chance that we met. I responded with, “thank you” and “welcome to the church.” He was a first time visitor. We also shook hands and told our names to one another. I looked up his name later because it was quite different. His name means "God's Peace." Whoa...


This man was a cuutay patootay! Tall, he had to be at least 6'4 and handsome, chocolaty man and bald headed. Where did he come from? Dressed very nice I may add. He said more, but I zoned out after a while. I was gazing at his skin and had to remember, “Hey, you're in church!” Is this dude macking on me? I was cheezing really big. Mainly because I've been celebrating a makeup free life. So, all I had on my face was coconut oil. Yum. I love coconut oil!...Any who this story is getting a bit long. So, was “No More Scrubs” a warning about this dude? I have no idea. But now, "Love On Top" is playing in my head and I like that. Goodbye "No More Scrubs" and hello "Love On Top!"


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment