Friday, September 9, 2011

Maya Angelou's Words Spoke to Me

I challenged myself to write every day. And now I've been blogging a few times a day. I love it actually. I guess I'm making up for lost time. Whenever I feel the urge to write, I will do it. It's a blessing, to be able to express yourself in such a free manner. It is even more awesome, if someone is able to benefit from your expression.


I watched an episode of Oprah last week. Maya Angelou was on there and said something that was quite remarkable. It spoke to me. I do not remember her exact words. But, what I derived from it was, writing for her was the place where there were no rules. It was her space. It was a place of freedom. That is the place I strive to be with writing. It will aid me, in recognizing my true voice. One's true voice is worth gold if you're an actor, comedian, writer, etc...Even if one is not in those fields. It helps you, to get to know you.


My writing will be my place of freedom. Freedom to be me. Whomever I may be that day...quirky, funny, inspirational. This is my little private world. I pray you are able to accompany me on this journey. I hope you may be inspired in some way. If you experience a bit of laughter, that’s even better.


My last post, "If You Desire Change. It Is Up to You." caused me to do self inventory. That’s the beauty of depositing into others. We are always stronger because of it. Encouraging others, encourages ourselves in the process. What is currently before me? Film school. This semester, I will, write, produce, and direct 3 short films. My inner voice will have to whisper the word "focus" to me often. Once I have been gifted a challenge, I focus. But, this is new territory for me and it requires my full attention. I’ll continue blogging while on this journey. I also hope you are keeping your eyes on the prize. And going for it with all of your gusto. The time is now. It is there for the taking. Life that is...It's waiting on you. Grab hold of it, with all of your might. I'll chat with you later. Ciao.


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment