Wednesday, September 14, 2011

A Fig Story

There once was a beautiful organic fig. I saw it at Trader Joe's and decided to take it home. So I could truly experience it. Once I took my initial bite. I was taken back to my childhood in Houston. Life is funny some times. One bite of this delectable fruit and there I was, 6 years old with my curly sandy colored hair.  Except that I wasn't in my kitchen. I was outside in the backyard, wearing my short shorts with Dr. Scholl's shoes. Picking fruit from our fig tree. Just as I did everyday. It wasn't seen as something out of the ordinary. It was the norm. The figs were plump, juicy, and always satiating. I had forgotten just how much I enjoyed them until today. So here I am in Los Angeles, with a little reminder of Houston...


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment