Thursday, March 3, 2011

My Inner Jack Black

This morning I woke up with my face smashed on my mattress. I mean smashed hard. I quietly thought, "This can't be good for my face, is it stretching it out?" Then I tried some movement and realized my neck hurt. I couldn't move my neck. I felt the sun beating down on my face. Reveled in it a bit. Then said, “Screw it, I'm moving my neck.” Pain disappeared, the day has officially started. I briefly reviewed last night events. I rocked out like Jack Black did in “School of Rock.” Do you remember his freaking intensity, in front of his classroom? He didn't care what anyone else in the room thought of him. He just cared about the music. Well, on my end I rocked out all night until the sun came up. Dog went to sleep and said, "You're on your own, I'm out. Wake me up when it’s time to eat."


For some reason I just realized YouTube had all of my favorite Gospel Jamz. I am a little late, I know. I told you I'm always in my own world. Well, this revelation resulted in me rocking out. I mean really rocking out. No beverage, no extreme gear, just me and the music. When was the last time you rocked out? Did you allow yourself to go completely there, just you and the music? Singing aloud and full of joy? Whenever I catch glimpses of myself in the midst of great enjoyment. I have to laugh at myself. I commend those that rock out. It takes great chutzpah to say, “I'm about to party with or without you.” They tell the music, “It's just you and me baby, let's go.” So hears to rocking out! Just in case, you have forgotten how. Watch “School of Rock.” Jack Black will teach you in insurmountable ways. Happy Thursday!

"Dude, I service society by rocking. I'm out there on the front lines liberating people with my music. Rocking ain't no walk in the park, lady."  Jack Black "School of Rock"

© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.


© Copyright 2011-2012, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment