Sunday, March 17, 2013

What are you in need of?

A few years ago, a lady approached me in a parking lot. She told me, she was about to be evicted and needed rent money. She had a daughter that lived with her. I had just finished feasting on salad and Red Lobster's biscuits. I was just about to close my car door, when she appeared. 

I asked for her landlord's number and she gave it to me. I called and he confirmed the amount she needed. At this time, I had just left my flight attendant job, was working on a show, and completely living by faith. Heck, I wasn't even sure how my 4 figure rent was going to be paid...

Before heading to church later that day, I went to the address given to me. Yes, it was dangerous. Yes, it was on Crenshaw. Yes, it was sketchy. But, I went to the office and paid her rent. I don't remember her name, but for whatever reason we crossed paths that day. 

Whatever you are in need of, give it. When you meet people who are in need, help them. I may not have had money to pay my rent, but I had enough to pay her rent. The money, wealth, and things you have, are not for you to keep to yourself. It is our responsibility to serve and help those in need. God always makes sure those who give, will always have more to give.

People are mystified why the rich get richer and the poor get poorer. No matter what your beliefs are, giving opens the door to your blessings. The tighter you hold on to things, the less you will have. Open your hands up, give, and allow God to use you. Happy Sunday! :-)

There is one who scatters, and yet increases all the more, and there is one who withholds what is justly due, and yet it results only in want. The generous man will be prosperous, and he who waters will himself be watered. ~ Proverbs 11:24-25

© Copyright 2013-2014, Juan Hagger. All rights reserved.

No comments:

Post a Comment